Membership in the Ventura County Potters’ Guild is open to all. Our membership term is January through December, with varying tiers of membership to suit the needs of everyone.
Regular Member Tier Benefits:
• Monthly Newsletters
• Monthly Programs – VCPG-sponsored programs at members’ meetings.
• Directory – VCPG Members’ Directory of current members, published annually.
• Sponsored Workshops – Members and guest artists conduct workshops available at a discount to current members.
• Annual Guild members Beatrice Wood Center for the Arts Exhibit
• Member Connect – Connect to other members of the guild via an email information exchange.
• VCPG Library – Access to books and DVDs contained in the VCPG library. View a list of available media and refer to Members Area below for check out procedures
• Jury Process
Plus Member Tier Benefits
All benefits listed above and:
• Shows & Sales – Opportunities for members to exhibit and sell their work:
• Ventura Pottery Gallery
• VCPG Online Store
• Ventura Potters’ Guild Ojai Sale – (annual sale)
• Photo Box– Take professional photos of your work with the Guild’s photo box.
• Clay and supplies– Order clay and supplies as a group from Laguna and Aardvark for discounted pricing and delivery to Ventura.
• Online Portfolio– Create a profile and portfolio of your work at our website.
Membership, How to Join:
If you have any questions regarding the forms or membership, please contact the Membership Chairperson through our contact form
The goal of the jurying process, as outlined in our Bylaws, is to assure that all work sold or shown at a VCPG event is held to the same standard of craftsmanship and aesthetic merit established by our founders. For a member to become eligible to sell, show or exhibit at a VCPG event, they must successfully complete the two-part jurying process. Juries are held twice a year in the Spring and Fall.
The workshop is a critique to give both new and experienced potters feedback from potters who understand craftsmanship, aesthetics and personal style – and can clearly talk about these things. In the workshop you will sit down with three Jurors (separately) at a table and they will pick up your pieces looking at your craftsmanship, aesthetics and personal identity and review the strengths and shortcomings with you. Pre-Jury Workshops are held in February and September and the location and time are announced in the Newsletter. To participate in the Pre-Jury Workshop, you must submit an application for the Pre-Jury Workshop no later than 9/7 or 2/7. If you are unable to complete the electronic form below, contact the Jury Chairperson at through the Contact Form.
The final jurying takes place in April and November. The Jurors will examine your pieces and score your work again, based upon the same three criteria: Craftsmanship, Aesthetics and Personal Identity.
Use the link to the guidelines and application to fully understand the process or contact the Jury Chairperson via the contact form for more information or questions.
A valuable benefit to the Plus Tier member is the ability to create a professional artist profile and/or portfolio of your work. Artist profiles are published on the Members page. From an artist’s profile you can click through to view their portfolio, but for a more visual experience and better idea of the work represented by our varied membership, go straight to the Portfolio page.
The Photo Box
The Guild photo box is available for Plus Tier members to use by appointment at the Gallery. Use the contact form to request an appointment. When in person Guild meetings resume, the photo box will be set up at meetings for you to capture stunning images on your cell phone or camera.
The Guild makes quarterly clay and supply orders from Aardvark and Laguna as one of our greatest Plus Tier member benefits! By ordering as a group, we get favorable shipping and excellent quantity discounts on clay. Besides clay, you can order anything from their catalogs, such as glazes, tools, kiln shelves/furniture, and bulk raw materials. The orders arrive within days of each other at a Guild member’s home in Ventura where you will pick up and pay for your order. Keep a shopping list going; we start collecting your orders about a month ahead of the delivery date. Updates on orders are provided via Announcements through MemberConnect. If you have any questions, please send them through our contact form. Please note that you must be a Plus Tier member to participate in the clay ordering.
The following areas are for VCPG members only. When you are logged in with your username, you will be able to access member-only content, and accordingly, board members will see board content and gallery members will see gallery content.